Kevin+Jonathan are successful San Francisco-based real estate agents with Vanguard Properties, the leading boutique brokerage, who deliver unique quality results for buyers and sellers alike.
Hello & Welcome.
Buying or selling in San Francisco may seem to be an expensive and daunting effort. But with Kevin+Jonathan (and Raffi) of Vanguard Properties, you will receive dedicated, smart and enthusiastic service from experienced professionals that will guide you to success. We live, work and play here and know our diverse City well. We love what we do and we know you will too. Thanks to our thoughtful and considered approach our clients buy for less and sell for more. Don’t forget to call (415) 297-7462 to start your own real estate success story now.
- Coming Soon: 1617 Church Street, an elegant & impeccable Noe Valley Victorian
- Our listing at 1643 44th Avenue, an Outer Sunset fixer, sells at 120% over list
- Our client wins and closes on 535 Steiner, a large & bright Alamo Square condominium, with the smartest offer (but not the highest)
- Learn about our new upcoming listing at 164-166 Henry Street
What Some of Our Happy Buyers & Sellers Are Saying
Kevin is fantastic — highly recommend! We worked with Kevin as buying agent and he was superb. He invested considerable time and energy to help us understand how the market and process here works. And he is super-responsive, even to late-night emails/texts which was great due to our work commitments. Importantly, he had great suggestions and advice on making our offer compelling, helping us secure the property we really wanted despite not being all-cash nor the highest offer.
— Sarah & Ross
Buyers, Google & EBay, Noe Valley
Grow your success, wealth and happiness together with Kevin+Jonathan (and Raffi).
Welcome to San Francisco real estate with Kevin Ho, attorney, Broker Associate and Top Producer and my partner, Jonathan McNarry, REALTOR and Broker Associate both of Vanguard Properties, the leading locally owned boutique San Francisco brokerage, known for its powerful top-quality brand, LGBT roots and development prowess.
We rank among the top 5 percent of San Francisco Agents. We specialize in residential real estate in and around our fair city of San Francisco representing buyers, sellers, investors, builders and more. Our methodical, all-encompassing and creative approach is focused on advancing our clients’ interests whether it’s listing properties that we’ve helped transform into desirable homes or helping buyers purchase properties with awareness and confidence. We look at real estate as being a valuable exercise that betters the community and as many people’s lives as possible.
We genuinely love what we do: Real Estate doesn’t feel like work, it feels like fun. And we’re good at it.
Our clients know they’re working with approachable, engaged and authoritative professionals. Kevin has been an invited commentator/expert on Curbed SF, quoted and featured in the New York Times and interviewed a number of times on local television news all talking about real estate trends and developments. Jonathan, who was born and raised in the U.K. and Atlanta comes from a family of real estate developers — he had his first open house sign up when he was just 6 years old! Kevin, who is from Iowa originally, has lived in the U.K. and has a Masters and law degree from U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall). He speaks Cantonese as well. Jonathan also works as a critical care, rapid response ICU nurse at UCSF and Kevin practiced as a business attorney and mediator for 5 years before focusing on real estate over the past 4 years.
Join Our Successful and Loyal Client Base — Now.
Our clients have bought for less and sold for more and remain loyal customers of real estate with many repeat buyers and sellers. We are plugged-in, connected and responsive. Explore our site and you’ll see how we stand out from other agents.
Contact us today to put all of our knowledge, personality and experience to work for you!
Kevin K. Ho, Esq.
Top Producer & Top 21 Club Vanguard Properties (bre 01875957 | sbn 233408) Member: SFAR MLS & Technology Committee, Residential Builder’s Association, State Bar Real Property Section, Bar Association of San Francisco, AIA, Top Agent Network (Top 5% of San Francisco Agents)
Realtor Vanguard Properties (bre 01747295)
Average Sale Price in SF
- Average of 23 days on market
- + 20.7% from the same period in 2014
- -2% less sold than the same period in 2014
(Source: SFAR MLS)
Offer date? What offer date!??
Fewer and fewer agents are following offer date deadlines leading to mad rush offers. Is this a good thing? Whatever happened to following directions? Decisive action impulse seem to be ruling the day when discipline should.
There is definitely something in the air and it’s not just a late April rain in San Francisco— things are little unusual these days. The Golden State Warriors are in the NBA finals and have the best record in the league. The Giants are floundering around (but that’s not too unusual this time of year) housing advocates are fighting housing developers over the fact that both agree that there needs to be more housing. And this week’s Stories of the Week will show you that offer deadlines are being disregarded quite cavalierly. The prospect of homebuying is daunting these days and can be discouraging. That being said moderation may be in the offing as prices for certain homes are going for less than expected. Or, this may be just a case of buyer fatigue or fear. After all, if there are 40 disclosure packages out on the property, why bother writing on it? Time will tell.
new upcoming listing for the budget-conscious buyer willing to look outside of San Francisco in the new much-sunnier South San Francisco Westborough neighborhood down below.
For the past 7 days (April 18-25, 2015) we saw 116 transactions close escrow as reported in the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) here in the City (3 less than the same period the week before). Here are the numbers:
This week’s Most-Over-Asking-List-Price Single-Family House Award goes to a large Richmond home at 541 10th Avenue. With more than 4200 sqft, 3 beds, 2.5 baths and a carport the home’s original listing price of $1.895M seems a bit inappropriate. Indeed, much like last week’s 625 Detroit (listed by the same agent), which closed at 172% of list this crafts home had a similar game plan although it was a trust sale. With nice details and potential to update the circa 1912 property closed after 13 days on the market at 158% of list at $3M (at a relatively modest $710/sqft).
Last week’s Most-Over-Asking-List-Price Single-Family House Award goes to the nicely redone, but purposely mispriced home at 625 Detroit Street in Sunnyside. The latest home to sell on this small block it’s no surprise this would go over its list price. With nearly 2000 sqft, a charming garden, the 3-bed, 2-bath, 2 level home was bright and warm. So its teaser list price of $899,000 was just that a teaser. The sellers, relocating to Palm Springs, had updated the home over the years since it was built in 1977. The winning offer (a financed one) won at $1.55M (at $774/sqft) or at 172% over asking.
More Real Estate with Kevin+Jonathan
Some of Our Recent & Current Listings
We add value and assist our clients in preparing their property so that the property is appealing, desirable and anticipated commanding top-dollar prices.
Just Sold! 1643 44th Avenue
1643 44th Avenue. Classic tunnel-entry, Outer Sunset single-family home with 4 beds, 2 baths over 2 levels. Vintage details, large garage, approximately 1405 ft.² with a large 3-level patio. Fixer. Listed at $799,000 (March 2015) Sold: $960,000 +120%Find Out More.
Listed & Sold! $607,500
788 Minna Street, No. 403, Mid-Market/SOMA condo 1-bed, 1-bath, 1 car parking, elevator. Sophisticated & bright (MLS 421876). Listed at: $600,000 SOLD AT: $607,500 (July 21, 2014)How'd We Do It.
Listed & Sold! $1.4M
471 Hickory Street. Hayes Valley single-family home with 2 bed, 1 bath, 2-3 car garage, private center patio. Cute, bright & chic. (MLS 421090) Listed at: $1,060,000 SOLD AT: $1,400,000 (June 12, 2014, multiple offers)See How We Did It.
Listed & Sold! $1.27M
273 Romain Street, Twin Peaks/Upper Market view single-family home. Remodeled and Refreshed for sale. 2 bed, 1 bath, 1 car garage and private yard. Quiet, bright, airy with incredible 180º views from Bay to Peaks. (MLS 420070) Listed at: $995,000 SOLD AT: $1,270,000 (May 30, 2014, multiple offers)See How It Happened
Listed & Sold! $825,000
868 Minnesota, No. 411, Chic, serene & spacious Dogpatch condominium with 1 bed, 1.5 baths at Esprit Park. Serene, bright & amenity-filled. (MLS 423598) Listed at: $739,000 SOLD at: $825,000 (Sold in 72 hours)Take A Look
W A L K – T H R O U G H S
Walk with Us. These properties caught our eye as being exceptional. Just how a property is exceptional depends! It could be a fixer, a fabulous value or just plain fabulous!
SF Properties We've Walked Through for You
HOW MUCH IS YOUR PROPERTY WORTH?
“We highly recommend him to everyone out there.”
As first time homebuyers (and in SF no less!), Kevin helped my wife and I navigate the process from beginning to end. With his exceptional help, we were able to quickly find a place we loved. As others have mentioned, he is extremely responsive and his prior legal background helped in explaining the various contracts we were looking at. We will definitely use Kevin again when looking for our next home and highly recommend him to everyone out there.
— Arun & Maelle, Buyers, Dogpatch
We bought our house and Kevin was super responsive, incredibly helpful and full of knowledge. He was the perfect guide in navigating what can be a complicated and confusing process. Thanks Kevin!
— Chris & Christel
Buyer, Internet Design Professional & Landscape Architect, Berkeley
ALL OVER THE MAP
See Where Kevin+Jonathan’s Buyers & Sellers Have Succeeded
Client Successes All Over the Bay
Posted by Kevin+Jonathan
- Curbed SF: Duboce Triangle Archives April 20, 2015
- San Francisco and Oakland – how happy are we? – SFGate April 17, 2015
- Gauge Its Metal | 5 Tips on Shopping for a Stainless-Steel Sink | This Old House April 16, 2015
- The Nine Easiest, Fun Nights Out In SF, By Neighborhood: SFist April 13, 2015
- DoReMi: Creating an arts oasis in a forbiddingly costly city – San Francisco Chronicle April 8, 2015
- Turf Wars: Mission Protesters Fight for Housing By Fighting Against It April 24, 2015Preliminary renderings courtesy David Baker Architects […]
- Gut Check: Historic Cole Valley Mansion Gets Bewildering Renovation, Reappears As $21,500/Month Rental April 24, 2015Last February, the historic mansion at 199 Carl Street […]
- Open House Report: Weekend Open House Report: Upper Haight Edition April 24, 2015Location: 210 Frederick St. at Downey St. Size: 5-bed, […]
- Approval for Giants’ Mission Rock hinges on housing mix, poll shows March 17, 2015by Chris Roberts San Franciscans are OK with new develo […]
- VA hospital invites public to comment on environmental effects of development plan March 12, 2015by Laura Dudnick The San Francisco Veterans Affairs Med […]
- Mission developer reveals plan for below-market-rate units March 6, 2015by Michael Barba A housing project proposed near the 16 […]
- Massive mixed-use development near Ocean Beach back on track March 5, 2015by Michael Barba A decade of planning may finally lead […]
The City is abuzz with change! Read all about it…
- ‘The Market’ Planning Polk Street Grocery / Restaurant Hall
- New S.F. rules would require some large buildings to use gray water
- Reminder Rockwell Grand Opening Weekend
- Price Cuts For Upper Market Penthouse And A Problematic Comp?
- Group Housing For The “Working-Class” Making $100K
- Micro Maven Patrick Kennedy Plans 395-Square-Foot Affordable Rentals for SoMa
- Hearing Set For 17th And South Van Ness Development
- Exclusive first look: Two 400-foot S.F. towers land at prime Mid-Market spot
- Condos Across From Anchor Exempted From Environmental Review
- That Rundown Italianate You’ve Been Wondering About: The Plans
- More Inner Mission Infill And One Less Curb Cut As Proposed
- Housing Explored For Shuttered Mission District Grocery Store Site
- What would it cost to own the ‘Full House’ home today? April 26, 2015We can argue about whether or not a new version of the […]
- S.F. becomes most sought-after location for Chinese buyers April 23, 2015Chinese buyers looking to invest off-shore are most int […]
- S.F., Oakland and San Jose named worst cities in the U.S. for renters April 21, 2015No newsflash here: San Francisco, after recently beatin […]
- The Zanshin Center: A One Stop Shop For Martial Arts, Yoga And More April 25, 2015The Stanyan Street dojo has something for everyone, inc […]
- Meet Ruff Paws, A Car-Free Dog Walking Service April 25, 2015Lower Haight-based Mike Johnston has turned his love of […]
- 400-Foot Crane Takes Over Washington Street This Weekend April 25, 2015The crane is in place to remove and install huge chille […]
- Evolve Pilates Celebrates 10 Years On Lyon Street April 25, 2015Alisha Engle's cozy pilates studio has been helping nei […]
- Inner Sunset Weekend: US Open Cup Soccer, Dump Your Old PC, Beyoncé Circus Tribute April 25, 2015Soccer at Kezar Stadium, get rid of your e-waste, watch […]
- Senator Grassley Questions Appointment Of New FHA Head April 24, 2015Senator Charles Grassley is challenging the method by w […]
- New Rallying Cry Among Investors in Europe: “Go East” April 24, 2015With competition heating up in European real estate mar […]
- D+S House by DP+HS Architects April 24, 2015Designed in 2013 by DP+HS Architects, this 5,995 sq ft […]
- G House by Nuca Studio April 24, 2015Contemporary two-storey residence situated in Bucharest […]
- La Vinya by Lagula Arquitectes April 24, 2015Designed by Lagula Arquitectes, this amazing single fam […]
What Kevin+Jonathan Will Do For You
Representing a loyal, diverse and ever-growing client base, Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry of Vanguard Properties deliver unmatched professional real estate services for buyers and sellers in San Francisco. They’re good at what they do and watch out for their clients’ interests with comprehensive and analytical advice to ensure their clients make the most informed decisions.
WHY MORE THAN 450 PEOPLE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
In the Know with Kevin+Jonathan …
Each weekend, we spend a few hours writing our newsletter for you. Instead of some kind of automated regurgitated series of listing information that makes no sense for everyone to get, our readers get the following every weekend:
Exclusive & Advance Listings that are Off-Market or Coming Soon — available only to our readers
Stories of the Week — our readers learn the details of how a property sold and for how much (approximately)
Market Trends and Our take on the Market
Early Access and leads on New Developments, Preferred Lending Rates for Vanguard Properties’ preferred lenders and much more!
Your information stays private with us, so why are you still waiting? Sign up now.
I love the style of your newsletter! It is so informative and fun! I love to see what is happening in my neighborhood too.
Homeowner, Noe Valley
We couldn’t be happier with the service we received from Kevin.
He’s personable, helpful, tech-savvy, and extremely dedicated! Kevin is a very opinionated realtor, but I say this in a good way. There were many homes that we were willing to bid on in what was a very challenging market, but thankfully Kevin kept our best interests in mind. Rather than going for a quick close, he actually talked us out of a few homes to make sure we stayed true to our criteria.
—Aaron & Ashley
Buyers, Charming Victorian (Noe Valley)
Kevin listened to our story and took the time to understand who we were and our personalities and then asked more than a few more questions to narrow down where we should live. His advice definitely helped us narrow down the choices and helped us with the all important targeting of our search. [H]e gave us very candid and honest responses to our questions including dissuading us from a couple of apartments that in retrospect would have been completely wrong for us.
When we finally found a place that we unquestionably loved, Kevin guided us through the process in winning a bidding war before the house even made it to its first public open house. He helped quell a lot of the eleventh hour jitters and pushed us in the helpful way not the overbearing way. Ultimately, we were absolutely delighted with the purchase and he was integral in the process and could not recommend him more to others.
— Mitchell & Debbie
Buyers, Relocated from New York, SOMA
Why You’re Hiring Vanguard Properties
Vanguard Properties continues its Number 1 position in District 9 (SoMa, South Beach, Dogpatch, Potrero, Bernal Heights) and have moved up in District 5 (Noe and Eureka Valleys, Twin Peaks, Mission Dolores) to the Number 2 position just $10M short of Zephyr (a company that has nearly 80 more agents than Vanguard Properties) with 14.5% of the district’s market share. And of note, Districts 5 & 9 are the most traded in the City. Overall for all of San Francisco, Vanguard Properties is now Number 4 in overall trade/dollar volume as based on closed transactions. Vanguard Properties closed more than $1.7B worth of sales in 2014 thanks to all of you and your referrals. Keep them coming!
At Vanguard Properties we are committed to understanding your individual needs. We promise to provide you with the kind of quality service that will exceed your expectations. Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilled execution. And all of this is thanks to you and yours. Keep up the support and help us succeed in helping you succeed.
Learn more HERE.
San Francisco is Worth the Price
You’ve heard it before — San Francisco is a truly international city that will command a premium that attracts international buyers the world over. And while you may hear of growth in Houston, for example, would you really want to live there? Would the rest of the world’s people want to visit? Instead, San Francisco stands out from most of the country (bar NYC) as being tops in real estate and the place to be for tourist and techie alike —18 of the top 25 tech companies are here for example.
Our universities, proximity to emerging markets, financial base and diversity attracts the best and the brightest (although Berkeley and Stanford may have something to do with it). Plus our climate, while foggy sometimes, still beats cold vortexes and heat waves. And because land is scarce here … well, you get the picture.
Did we mention there’s wine here too?
Importantly, [Kevin] had great suggestions and advice on making our offer compelling, helping us secure the property we really wanted despite not being all-cash nor the highest offer.
— Ross & Sarah
Successful Buyers, Noe Valley Single-Family Home
* * *
Cute Real Estate with Raffi the Dog
Raffi's Real Estate Videos: 4658 18th Street — Someone is Waiting for You at Home
Raffi Returns: 243 Romain Street — What Goes On at Home While You're Away (come home soon)
We received a lot of good offers… but based on our past relationship and how smoothly it went, I pushed for your offer.
— Listing Agent, San Francisco, Corona Heights
(Our Buyers closed on property beating out 2 other offers)
I presented your clients offer to my sellers and told them about you in particular and encouraged them to go with you.
— Listing Agent, San Francisco, Eureka Valley
(Our Buyers’ offer was accepted instead of going to market)
Your clients got the property because of you!
— Listing Agent, San Francisco, Haight
(Our Buyers closed on property beating out 1 other offer)