Kevin+Jonathan are successful San Francisco-based real estate agents with Vanguard Properties, the leading boutique brokerage, who deliver unique quality results for buyers and sellers alike.
Hello & Welcome.
Buying or selling in San Francisco may seem to be an expensive and daunting effort. But with Kevin+Jonathan (and Raffi) of Vanguard Properties, you will receive dedicated, smart and enthusiastic service from experienced professionals that will guide you to success. We live, work and play here and know our diverse City well. We love what we do and we know you will too. Thanks to our thoughtful and considered approach our clients buy for less and sell for more. Don’t forget to call (415) 297-7462 to start your own real estate success story now.
- Listed now: 1617 Church Street, an elegant & impeccable Noe Valley Victorian
- Sold: Our listing at 1643 44th Avenue, an Outer Sunset fixer, sells at 120% over list
- Our client wins and closes on 535 Steiner, a large & bright Alamo Square condominium, with the smartest offer (but not the highest)
- Learn about our off-market listing at 164-166 Henry Street
Kevin is fantastic — highly recommend! We worked with Kevin as buying agent and he was superb. He invested considerable time and energy to help us understand how the market and process here works. And he is super-responsive, even to late-night emails/texts which was great due to our work commitments. Importantly, he had great suggestions and advice on making our offer compelling, helping us secure the property we really wanted despite not being all-cash nor the highest offer.
— Sarah & Ross
Buyers, Google & EBay, Noe Valley
What Some of Our Happy Buyers & Sellers Are Saying
See Kevin Move and Talk: Hello & Welcome
Grow your success, wealth and happiness together with Kevin+Jonathan (and Raffi).
Welcome to San Francisco real estate with Kevin K Ho, attorney, Broker Associate and Top Producer and my partner, Jonathan McNarry, REALTOR and Broker Associate both of Vanguard Properties, the leading locally owned boutique San Francisco brokerage, known for its powerful top-quality brand, LGBT roots and development prowess.
Stranger than Bay to Breakers !??
Strangeness is something to expect in SF but real estate has been almost as goofy as the annual race through the City.
What interesting times we live in. For those of you not reveling in Bay to Breakers this chilly may we’ve got some good stuff for you in this week’s newsletter. Stories of the Week (including illustrations that not everyone sells property like we do) and even better Exclusives and Advances insider listing information for properties not yet on the market (and may not ever end up there) among our data of the week are just below.
And while it may not feel like it we’re seeing the most inventory (at least for new condos) come out these past 2 weeks. We’re also seeing more agents jumping the offer-date gun and more agents pushing hard to enforce those dates. Sales are starting in earnest at 400 Grove and 72 Townsend while the City waits to see how best they can meet the 100,000-unit deficit while some supervisors push for a Mission building moratorium. Take a look at that coverage below too.
We genuinely love what we do: Real Estate doesn’t feel like work, it feels like fun. And we’re good at it.
Our clients know they’re working with approachable, engaged and authoritative professionals. Kevin has been an invited commentator/expert on Curbed SF, quoted and featured in the New York Times and interviewed a number of times on local television news sharing his thoughts about real estate trends and developments.
Jonathan, who was born and raised in the U.K. and Atlanta comes from a family of real estate developers — he had his first open house sign up when he was just 6 years old! Kevin, who is from Iowa originally, has lived in the U.K. and has a Masters and law degree from U.C. Berkeley (Boalt Hall). He speaks Cantonese as well. Jonathan also works as a critical care, rapid response ICU nurse at UCSF and Kevin practiced as a business attorney and mediator for 5 years before focusing on real estate over the past 5 years.
Join Our Successful and Loyal Client Base — Now.
Our clients have bought for less and sold for more and remain loyal customers of real estate with many repeat buyers and sellers because we are plugged-in, empathetic and responsive. Explore our site and you’ll see how we stand out from other agents.
So, contact us today to put all of our knowledge, personality and experience to work for you!
Kevin K. Ho, Esq.
Top Producer & Top 21 Club Vanguard Properties (bre 01875957 | sbn 233408) Member: SFAR MLS & Technology Committee, Residential Builder’s Association, State Bar Real Property Section, Bar Association of San Francisco, AIA, Top Agent Network (Top 5% of San Francisco Agents)
Realtor Vanguard Properties (bre 01747295)
Average Sale Price in SF
- Average of 25 days on market
- + 28.5% from the same period in 2014
(Source: SFAR MLS)
Over in Potrero Hill
This Week’s Most-Over-Asking-Price Single Family Home prize goes to 625 Mississippi over in between Potrero and Dogpatch. Last sold nearly 50 years ago the 1000+ sqft, 2-bed, 1-bath home was on the market barely 12 days with a list price of $899,000. The home appears to have been maintained decently and is bright. The winning, cash offer came from an agent closely tied to developers and flippers and no doubt the $1.455M price (@ $1328/sqft) will seem like a memory once this property is redone. But for the time being it closed at 161% of list price.
Under in Pacific Heights
This Week’s Most-Under-List-Price Single-Family Home prize ( a rare prize we award) goes to a modest 16,000-sqft home on the Gold Coast at Divis and Broadway, 2701 Broadway is a 7-bed, 7-bath renovated home with, well, views and more. On the market for 100 days at $39M it finally closed escrow this week just shy of $1900/sqft (gasp!) and just 80% of list price at $31M. For more about the 2002 remodeled home owned by a raw food guru and her guitar-based tech company ceo which they bought in 2012 for $27M take a read at Curbed’s coverage here. And can anyone say capital gains?
More Real Estate with Kevin+Jonathan
Some of Our Recent & Current Listings
We add value and assist our clients in preparing their property so that the property is appealing, desirable and anticipated commanding top-dollar prices.
Just Sold! 1643 44th Avenue
1643 44th Avenue. Classic tunnel-entry, Outer Sunset single-family home with 4 beds, 2 baths over 2 levels. Vintage details, large garage, approximately 1405 ft.² with a large 3-level patio. Fixer. Listed at $799,000 (March 2015) Sold: $960,000 +120%Find Out More.
Listed & Sold! $607,500
788 Minna Street, No. 403, Mid-Market/SOMA condo 1-bed, 1-bath, 1 car parking, elevator. Sophisticated & bright (MLS 421876). Listed at: $600,000 SOLD AT: $607,500 (July 21, 2014)How'd We Do It.
Listed & Sold! $1.4M
471 Hickory Street. Hayes Valley single-family home with 2 bed, 1 bath, 2-3 car garage, private center patio. Cute, bright & chic. (MLS 421090) Listed at: $1,060,000 SOLD AT: $1,400,000 (June 12, 2014, multiple offers)See How We Did It.
Listed & Sold! $1.27M
273 Romain Street, Twin Peaks/Upper Market view single-family home. Remodeled and Refreshed for sale. 2 bed, 1 bath, 1 car garage and private yard. Quiet, bright, airy with incredible 180º views from Bay to Peaks. (MLS 420070) Listed at: $995,000 SOLD AT: $1,270,000 (May 30, 2014, multiple offers)See How It Happened
Listed & Sold! $825,000
868 Minnesota, No. 411, Chic, serene & spacious Dogpatch condominium with 1 bed, 1.5 baths at Esprit Park. Serene, bright & amenity-filled. (MLS 423598) Listed at: $739,000 SOLD at: $825,000 (Sold in 72 hours)Take A Look
W A L K – T H R O U G H S
Walk with Us. These properties caught our eye as being exceptional. Just how a property is exceptional depends! It could be a fixer, a fabulous value or just plain fabulous!
SF Properties We've Walked Through for You
HOW MUCH IS YOUR PROPERTY WORTH?
“We highly recommend him to everyone out there.”
As first time homebuyers (and in SF no less!), Kevin helped my wife and I navigate the process from beginning to end. With his exceptional help, we were able to quickly find a place we loved. As others have mentioned, he is extremely responsive and his prior legal background helped in explaining the various contracts we were looking at. We will definitely use Kevin again when looking for our next home and highly recommend him to everyone out there.
— Arun & Maelle, Buyers, Dogpatch
We bought our house and Kevin was super responsive, incredibly helpful and full of knowledge. He was the perfect guide in navigating what can be a complicated and confusing process. Thanks Kevin!
— Chris & Christel
Buyer, Internet Design Professional & Landscape Architect, Berkeley
ALL OVER THE MAP
See Where Kevin+Jonathan’s Buyers & Sellers Have Succeeded
Client Successes All Over the Bay
Posted by Kevin+Jonathan
- Dilapidated Mission duplex sells more than 100% over asking – On The Block May 20, 2015
- The missing middle: San Francisco developers rethink how to build housing in reach of the middle class – San Francisco Business Times May 17, 2015
- Curbed SF: Duboce Triangle Archives April 20, 2015
- San Francisco and Oakland – how happy are we? – SFGate April 17, 2015
- Gauge Its Metal | 5 Tips on Shopping for a Stainless-Steel Sink | This Old House April 16, 2015
- Sold Stuff: After listing last year for a... May 26, 2015After listing last year for a lofty $9.95 million, the […]
- Flipping Out: Megaflip Near Billionaires' Row Adds Living Wall, Asks $9.5M May 26, 2015The glassy home at 2635 Broadway in Pacific Heights has […]
- Parking Narcs: A new app has arrived to... May 26, 2015A new app has arrived to deliver us all from the powerl […]
- SF Port committed to keeping Alcatraz ferry service in current location May 26, 2015by Laura Dudnick The Port of San Francisco is pulling o […]
- SF mayor announces $500M for below market-rate housing May 18, 2015by Laura Dudnick Mayor Ed Lee today announced $500 mill […]
- Supporters of Mission housing moratorium storm SF City Hall May 8, 2015by Joshua Sabatini Hundreds of protesters crowded into […]
- Illegal units could be added to SF notification rules for demolishing housing May 3, 2015by Laura Dudnick San Francisco building owners who inte […]
- Comment on 10 things polite Realtors won’t tell sellers — but should by Up Front and Personal | Kansas City Real Estate Blog November 19, 2014[…] you’re buying or selling, there are some common con […]
- Comment on 5 quick tips for Google Drive by 5 quick tips for Google Drive | ShackShout News November 17, 2014[…] By Bill Risser […]
The City is abuzz with change! Read all about it…
- ‘The Market’ Planning Polk Street Grocery / Restaurant Hall
- New S.F. rules would require some large buildings to use gray water
- Reminder Rockwell Grand Opening Weekend
- Price Cuts For Upper Market Penthouse And A Problematic Comp?
- Group Housing For The “Working-Class” Making $100K
- Micro Maven Patrick Kennedy Plans 395-Square-Foot Affordable Rentals for SoMa
- Hearing Set For 17th And South Van Ness Development
- Exclusive first look: Two 400-foot S.F. towers land at prime Mid-Market spot
- Condos Across From Anchor Exempted From Environmental Review
- That Rundown Italianate You’ve Been Wondering About: The Plans
- More Inner Mission Infill And One Less Curb Cut As Proposed
- Housing Explored For Shuttered Mission District Grocery Store Site
- Own a former party island with NYC views in Connecticut May 27, 2015Last week, a Long Island, New York home that inspired s […]
- Do you ‘Like’ Randi Zuckerberg’s $5.488-million Los Altos home? May 26, 2015Randi Zuckerberg, sister of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerber […]
- Pac Heights mansion, once home to Metallica’s Kirk Hammett, rocks the MLS May 25, 2015Pacific Heights is home to many a local celeb, from Gol […]
- Tonight At Madrone: Nude Model Sketch Party & Live Music May 26, 2015A sketch session hosted by nudie mag BelleSf will take […]
- Doug's Suds Laundromat Spins Down In Cole Valley May 26, 2015The longstanding laundromat has lost its lease at Carl […]
- Ada Court's Ad Hoc Art Gallery, Demystified May 26, 2015We've got the backstory on the ephemeral art taped up i […]
- Piccolo Press Closes Its Doors In North Beach May 26, 2015The letterpress studio and gallery has closed due to un […]
- 22nd Street Jungle Stairs Project Aims To Beautify Overlooked Stairway May 26, 2015A collective of neighbors is busy working to raise this […]
- Housing Bubble? Despite Rising Prices, Most Economists Still Say No May 26, 2015The S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Index released on Tuesd […]
- KKR and Gulf Bay Team Up To Develop Prime Site in Naples, Fla. May 22, 2015Private equity giant KKR is joining forces with a Flori […]
- Cone House by Trigueiros Architecture May 27, 2015Designed by Trigueiros Architecture, this contemporary […]
- Butterfly House by sagemodern May 27, 2015Recently completed by sagemodern, this amazing single f […]
- Contemporary Home by CL Studio May 27, 2015Designed by CL Studio, this contemporary residence is s […]
What Kevin+Jonathan Will Do For You
Representing a loyal, diverse and ever-growing client base, Kevin Ho and Jonathan McNarry of Vanguard Properties deliver unmatched professional real estate services for buyers and sellers in San Francisco. They’re good at what they do and watch out for their clients’ interests with comprehensive and analytical advice to ensure their clients make the most informed decisions.
WHY MORE THAN 450 PEOPLE SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
In the Know with Kevin+Jonathan …
Each weekend, we spend a few hours writing our newsletter for you. Instead of some kind of automated regurgitated series of listing information that makes no sense for everyone to get, our readers get the following every weekend:
Exclusive & Advance Listings that are Off-Market or Coming Soon — available only to our readers
Stories of the Week — our readers learn the details of how a property sold and for how much (approximately)
Market Trends and Our take on the Market
Early Access and leads on New Developments, Preferred Lending Rates for Vanguard Properties’ preferred lenders and much more!
Your information stays private with us, so why are you still waiting? Sign up now.
I love the style of your newsletter! It is so informative and fun! I love to see what is happening in my neighborhood too.
Homeowner, Noe Valley
We couldn’t be happier with the service we received from Kevin.
He’s personable, helpful, tech-savvy, and extremely dedicated! Kevin is a very opinionated realtor, but I say this in a good way. There were many homes that we were willing to bid on in what was a very challenging market, but thankfully Kevin kept our best interests in mind. Rather than going for a quick close, he actually talked us out of a few homes to make sure we stayed true to our criteria.
—Aaron & Ashley
Buyers, Charming Victorian (Noe Valley)
Kevin listened to our story and took the time to understand who we were and our personalities and then asked more than a few more questions to narrow down where we should live. His advice definitely helped us narrow down the choices and helped us with the all important targeting of our search. [H]e gave us very candid and honest responses to our questions including dissuading us from a couple of apartments that in retrospect would have been completely wrong for us.
When we finally found a place that we unquestionably loved, Kevin guided us through the process in winning a bidding war before the house even made it to its first public open house. He helped quell a lot of the eleventh hour jitters and pushed us in the helpful way not the overbearing way. Ultimately, we were absolutely delighted with the purchase and he was integral in the process and could not recommend him more to others.
— Mitchell & Debbie
Buyers, Relocated from New York, SOMA
Why You’re Hiring Vanguard Properties
Vanguard Properties continues its Number 1 position in District 9 (SoMa, South Beach, Dogpatch, Potrero, Bernal Heights) and have moved up in District 5 (Noe and Eureka Valleys, Twin Peaks, Mission Dolores) to the Number 2 position just $10M short of Zephyr (a company that has nearly 80 more agents than Vanguard Properties) with 14.5% of the district’s market share. And of note, Districts 5 & 9 are the most traded in the City. Overall for all of San Francisco, Vanguard Properties is now Number 4 in overall trade/dollar volume as based on closed transactions. Vanguard Properties closed more than $1.7B worth of sales in 2014 thanks to all of you and your referrals. Keep them coming!
At Vanguard Properties we are committed to understanding your individual needs. We promise to provide you with the kind of quality service that will exceed your expectations. Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilled execution. And all of this is thanks to you and yours. Keep up the support and help us succeed in helping you succeed.
Learn more HERE.
San Francisco is Worth the Price
You’ve heard it before — San Francisco is a truly international city that will command a premium that attracts international buyers the world over. And while you may hear of growth in Houston, for example, would you really want to live there? Would the rest of the world’s people want to visit? Instead, San Francisco stands out from most of the country (bar NYC) as being tops in real estate and the place to be for tourist and techie alike —18 of the top 25 tech companies are here for example.
Our universities, proximity to emerging markets, financial base and diversity attracts the best and the brightest (although Berkeley and Stanford may have something to do with it). Plus our climate, while foggy sometimes, still beats cold vortexes and heat waves. And because land is scarce here … well, you get the picture.
Did we mention there’s wine here too?
Importantly, [Kevin] had great suggestions and advice on making our offer compelling, helping us secure the property we really wanted despite not being all-cash nor the highest offer.
— Ross & Sarah
Successful Buyers, Noe Valley Single-Family Home
Our Secret Weapon: Raffi the Dog
(Raffi, Real Estate Dog Extraordinaire, Vets Properties, Helps with Open Houses and More)
Raffi's Real Estate Videos: 4658 18th Street — Someone is Waiting for You at Home
Raffi Returns: 243 Romain Street — What Goes On at Home While You're Away (come home soon)
We received a lot of good offers… but based on our past relationship and how smoothly it went, I pushed for your offer.
— Listing Agent, San Francisco, Corona Heights
(Our Buyers closed on property beating out 2 other offers)
I presented your clients offer to my sellers and told them about you in particular and encouraged them to go with you.
— Listing Agent, San Francisco, Eureka Valley
(Our Buyers’ offer was accepted instead of going to market)
Your clients got the property because of you!
— Listing Agent, San Francisco, Haight
(Our Buyers closed on property beating out 1 other offer)